Monday, June 12, 2006

why do they always want a title?

Sometimes I think that I come across too...judgemental and harshly on people. I mean, I have my views, and for the most part I have pretty strong reasons to think they are the correct views, but where do you draw the line when it comes to truth and love? Or must a line be drawn? I know that Christ is offensive to the non-elect, and He is offensive to the flesh, but God is love, and we are to show his love... at some point we must be sure we are more than just clanging cymbals. People say that I am young, with not much life experience, and that in time I will see that things are not so clear, that issues are not so important. Some even say that I will eventually question what I believe and find "other" truth. Them I dont believe, but is there truth in what the first lot say? There is usually at least an element of truth in any statement. I dont know. I can see right now that issues are usually very complicated, more complicated than meets the eye, yet it is usually possible to reduce them to a core point, that if it doesnt elucidate the matter entirely, at least allows much light to be shed. Then again, we are beset all around by a humanistic reletivistic world that lies and tells us that we cannot know what is truth, that there is no truth, that we are arrogant for claiming there is such a thing and that we know it. We must be sure we do not overeact to such a worldview in our own worldview (a lesson of history), but also, arent we called to be "not of this world"?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think that "thier" definition of harshness is what you should go by.

Truly, there IS a definite harshness. For example, saying "I know all right", but I don't know that you say that...to be more precise...I don't think you do, or ever have.

We all have our concerns. We all SHOULD draw the line somewhere. When someone you respect dissapoints you by putting down, saying all you say you stand for is parroting, or that it is the voice of inexperience, you ought to think deeply on your conviction.
If you cannot see an err, than set thier thoughts aside, and plan for an up-coming temptation. When it comes..if ever, hold fast, and prove them wrong.

I understand exactly what you are dealing with...from experience

Anonymous said...

I'd have to say, that people just have to get to know yah man. I think it's great when you're strong on things.
I had to disagree on one point you made though. On woman seasonal matters I have to say that you haven't seen it firsthand and making a direct remark on how it exactly works, without scientific evidence or any form of credible source, kind of left me discrediting your argument. If there would have been solid evidence, I would have totally believed you (well, or maybe made you feel like I did..kind of a weird topic).
Because our theological conversations mainly have a literal, scriptural basis, I have to say that you've been right on from what I can remember. And, I know who you are, so it's fun to converse with you. When people don't understand you is when it gets interesting. A unique ability I must say...to be able to extract emotion from people- while maintaining a cool ethos.
Emotional based fact turns into frustration, which leads the person to figure out a way to pinpoint the source of this negative drama. Only a sore wound in this wild inner search. Then finally, it's easiest to blame...Jonathan! So rather than try to outbeat reality, a platonic ideal of oneself ensues and grows. Bearing fruit to bitter rivalry.

I love yah dude. See yah sometime soon.

Your bro.