Thursday, March 31, 2005

Terri Schiavo

I got so mad today when I found out that she was dead, and then for the first time saw the videos that showed her reacting to people and things. Seeing those just really brought home to me what really was going on, what really happened. I wanted to deck someone. Someone who was responsible, preferably Mr. Schiavo or that one so called judge.

Then I thought about how angry I was and why. I dont get angry easily but this really worked me up. I know its good to be outraged against such injustice. But I almost wanted to kill someone. Really! A lot of good that would have done.

Then I thought about what Christ did and what they did to Him. What I did to Him.

None of us are that different. We are all horrible people. Were pretty screwed up. Its only by the grace of God that I am where I am. But if I rellied on His grace more I could be so much more like Christ. What a horrible person I am really. That judge and others are responsible for the death of a woman, a creation of God. I am responsible for the death of the Son of God, God Himself.

That cools me off a good deal. How can I be mad at someone for causing an unjust death when I myself am responsible for a much much more henious crime?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good observation. You must have had incredibly good parents.

Anonymous said...

I had some of the same reactions you did when I heard the news. And a similar observation/afterthought.

Good post.

Amy (Hisgirl84 from xanga)

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome thought, jon! I was really angry too...and saddened, but it really helps me put it in perspective when you say that.
~Sarah

Unknown said...

Amy? Since when have you read my blog? This is totaly wierd. I was reading chango's blog last night (actually this morning) as I often do and descided to look at his contacts to see if I could find any of my friends from LeTourneau and I found you also. I bookmarked your xanga but didnt subscribe or anything. How did you find me? lol From my comments on chango's blog? You live near Spokane too right? Wierd. Cool though.

I wonder who anonymous is though? And what do my parents have to do with it?

Anonymous said...

ditto on amy. and your parents have a heck of a lot to do with it. i've also been thinking a lot lately about how i've only been saved from myself by God's grace. and it just made me realize how much His grace covers all of my life...i've learned a lot from the wonderful parents He gave me.

~joseph

Unknown said...

ah... yes I see... its true I do have wonderfull parents. I dont know where Id be right now If I wasnt saved at a young age and didnt grow up with the kind of upbringing I had. With my personality it would be pretty hard for me to get saved this late in life. I would be so sceptical and haveing to have everything proved.

Unknown said...

Actually I think I found your blog by looking at the blogs of other aviation minded people and then realized that you were at LU. I only went for one semester (fall 04) but I know several of the people, including Carter and Jamin. dont think I know you but ive been reading your blog from time to time.

Unknown said...

I was a commuter, living with my parents.