Saturday, November 05, 2005

Missions Conference

This evening we are halfway through our missions conference here at Moody Northwest and I am full of excitement I suppose you could say. I cant wait to get out there. My impulse is to just get out there and join JAARS doing anything, computer work or something, and just get on the missions field. I went to several sessions today, including a session on the daily life of a missionary pilot and a dessert time at someone's house with several JAARS guys. The daily life of a missionary pilot session started getting me excited, but what really got me for some reason was the time talking to the JAARS guys over dessert. Now, perhaps irrationaly, I feel very inclined towards JAARS and Southeast Asia or Papua New Guinea. Previously, I wasnt really sure, but figured it made sense to go back to Niger with SIM-Air, but also felt a bit of a pull towards JAARS. Now I feel a very strong pull towards JAARS and I dont know if its God or if its just the effect of some good long talks with the JAARS pilots and mechanic about God's work and their experiences on the field and a few rich brownies. Regardless, I am simultaneously dismayed at the length of time I have before me before I am able to get out there and actually do what Ive been working towards for so long, and also refreshed and motivated for the years of training ahead. I just need to keep in mind that life is now and it wont start when I get off the plane in Djakarta or whatever.

5 comments:

Widsith said...

Hey, wing :)

Just wanted to say I sort of know how you feel... I just graduated with my undergrad at age 27.5!! And now I've got 2 more years of grad school ahead of me (that is, if I'm accepted for next year). *sigh*

Sometimes it does take a lot of patience to reach our goals, but at least we know that once our education is finished it will be behind us for good! Plus, I'm sure we'll even miss these days from time to time... You're so right - life is now. What a great perspective!

- Dana

Josh said...

no fooling man. I just want to get out there, but the training is taking forever. I'm thinking about going to JAARS too. Maybe we will meet one day.

Amanda Hunt said...

Hi! I'm a former Sahel Academy short term teacher (2000-2001) so we've been to Niger too. I've added you to my blogroll as I like to keep up with any ex-Niger people.

Amanda Hunt said...

Have you ever heard of NTMA (New Tribes Mission Air). They're in PNG too, here's a link:
http://www.ntm.org/ntmaviation/index.php?page=ntma%20homepage&io=1

Unknown said...

yeah, I know you Amanda, Im jon on the sahel forum.

Ive defenently heard of NTMAir. Weve got a NTM rep here in Spokane and he often speaks in chapel or has little meetings at his house, I guess for reqruitment purposes. I like NTM pretty well, though their entry requirements are a little hard.