Tuesday, September 14, 2004

My drivers license

This afternoon I am planning to go try to get my drivers license. Yeah right! I'm 18, living in Texas, in college, living off campus, I own a car, and I don't have my drivers license? Well I don't. I've lived overseas almost all my life and I have just never had the opportunity to get my license anywhere. So now I'm finally allowed to have a drivers license and now I feel ready to have it. The first time I drove with my permit, I scared myself. I was driving my car which is a Nissan 240sx. If you don't know what that is its sort of like a borderline sports car. It can be a lot to handle. It is especially hard to learn to shift and to start up on hills. But in this first experience of mine there was just to much going on. Also my seat-back became unlached and went back into the full back position which made it that much more difficult. Yeah, but now I've been driving for about a month and I feel ready to go out on my own.

No comments: