Wednesday, September 27, 2006

more stuff that is happening

Ive been in school for over a week now, and its going great. We are learning about wood and fabric aircraft construction methods. Learned to sew (for aircraft). Wearing a respirator/face mask a lot with all the chemicals we are putting on the cloth covering. Summer seems so long ago. I am thankful to be back in school and thankful for all that God has provided. Thank you Father!

I got the job tutoring math at SCC. I am still sort of hoping to get the airport job loading cargo, but well see what God does. There would be drawbacks to working there, but also some good points. If I got the job there Jo would be able to work with me, assuming they have room to hire both of us. But, I would be getting a couple hours less per week most likely, which would be a slight hit to the paycheck. I also hear it gets pretty cold out there on the airport ramp mid-winter with the wind blowing. I guess tutoring is pretty good. I get some chances to study on my own when there is no one in the tutoring center needing help with their math. Today was my first day and none of the areas students needed help with were beyond my level, so hopefully thats the way it continues. I dont think I will like being inside all the time though. Better than being cold of course, but if Im going to be inside I want to be moving around doing something besides sitting down over a book for 4 hrs. But its a very decent job and I am quite happy with it.

Well, Im already up way too late. better hit the sack.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

sounds cool, wings. glad to see an informative post--it's good to write those every few months. and I may get a job tutoring computer science (can you believe it?) so then we could... uh... compare notes!

Unknown said...

wow, RM gets the first comment. :D

thats cool. I wish I could tutor computer science. I just dont have anything to base it off of. I should get my A+ certification and go for that next quarter.